Let’s face it, it’s not often we get hit with a ‘body-love’ arrow. We are critical of ourselves when it comes to our physical appearance and how others perceive us. The link between self esteem and weight loss is pretty clear, but love is the answer! All you need is love…the kind that makes you feel good about where you are today! Here’s how to love yourself while on a diet.
- Give yourself a break! Nobody is perfect. As much as we’d like to achieve perfection, let’s face it, that is not realistic! Find your common ground where balance is more beneficial than perfection. Feel good about your decisions with your diet program, exercise, and lifestyle, especially if they are making a positive impact on your well-being. If you have a setback, learn from the experience and grow from it, never see it as failure, only an opportunity to improve.
- Be true to you! It’s easy to get caught up on images of models and celebrities that seem flawless; however, don’t be fooled by airbrushed and computer edited trickery. Embrace and celebrate your unique qualities which in return can promote healthy confidence in your appearance. Focus on your personal goal and not someone else’s perception of perfect.
- Give yourself a compliment each day! It may sound silly, but it helps put yourself in the right frame of mind to want to be and do the best for your body. It can be as simple as a congratulations for another pound lost or a kudos for completing another phase of your diet plan.
- Listen to your inner voice of reason. We all have that little voice inside reminding us to stay on track. We teach ourselves to show restraint and self-control. Rejoice in the fact you listen to that little voice and to your body; both are important to weight-loss success.
- Treat each day as a new start. Begin your day by affirming to yourself that you can do your best, in spite of what may have happened yesterday. Teach yourself that self-acceptance is a condition of the journey to weight-loss and achieving better health.
Do you have a weight-loss love story to share? How do you see the link between self esteem and weight loss? We’d love to hear it! Inspire others with your words of wisdom on your personal weight loss journey. Contact us to share your Ideal Protein experience!