It’s that time of year when recipes for great food are passed and shared. We want to honor the recipe tradition and bring you three Ideal Protein holiday recipes that will not only keep you on track but will also be delicious enough that everyone at the table will want to give it a try. We’ve pulled together recipes for an appetizer, entree, and dessert that will be a welcomed addition to the holiday table.
- 1/3 cup fresh thyme leaves plucked from stem
- Pinch of dried chili
- 2 cloves of thinly sliced garlic
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 tbsp oil of choice
- 4-8 large portobello or shiitake mushrooms
- Sea Salt
- Fresh Ground Pepper
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Muddle thyme, chili and garlic in bowl. Add lemon juice and oil then brush this mixture over mushrooms. Place coated mushrooms tightly together, bottom side up in glass baking dish. With a knife, score the top of each mushroom and add any remaining sliced garlic. Brush with any remaining oil mixture and season with salt and pepper. Bake time is 15-25 minutes or until mushrooms are soft and juicy.
Slow-Cooker Turkey Breast
- 1 bone-in turkey breast (6 to 7 pounds), skin removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- Brush turkey with oil. Combine the garlic, seasoned salt, paprika, Italian seasoning and pepper; apply to turkey. Transfer to a 6-quart slow-cooker and add water. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until tender.
Pumpkin Pie Tart
- 1 pk Ideal Protein Cereal, crushed
- 1 pk Ideal Protein Maple Oatmeal
- 1tbsp oil
- 1 egg white
Mix all ingredients and press into silicone muffin liners, bake at 350 for 10 minutes.
Tip: With a bowl of water handy, wet your fingers as you mold mixture into liners.
- 1 pk Butterscotch or Vanilla Pudding Mix, prepared
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
Mix ingredients and pour into baked crust and return to the oven for 20 minutes or until filling is firm and lightly browned on top. Chill in refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
Food is a common bond between all people. Whether, you prefer the quiet dinner at home or the huge dinner party with friends, these Ideal Protein holiday recipes work for any occasion. Remember, you can modify any recipe to make it your own with herbs and spices you love. You can find more Ideal Protein holiday recipes ideas on our recipes page!